I have to admit that I almost missed the fifty-year celebration of Rivercrest High School. I was thinking it was next year, so I am very grateful that Danny and Kristy Graham put paper to pencil and figured out that this is actually the 50th start of school, the 50th football team to take to the field, the 50th homecoming court, the 50th basketball season - you get the picture. Where has the time gone??!
We are now working to plan celebrations for this momentous occasion! Various activities will be planned throughout the year, and we want Colt Nation to celebrate with us as much as possible. Our plan includes both online activities as well as onsite activities. Some of the planned activities include the following:
- Rivercrest Remembers - We will ask you to send in your fondest memories of your time at Rivercrest. We hope to compile the memories in a digital format. You can send digital pictures, short anecdotes, or a shout-out to someone at Rivercrest who impacted you in a positive way.
- What celebration would be complete without a commemorative t-shirt? We will have t-shirts for sell, and we will look to take a picture of the entire group wearing the shirts in a "50" formation.
- Homecoming festivities will include blasts from the past as well as recognizing current students. We have some special recognitions from the very first homecoming court that we are excited about. Additionally, we are looking to do a balloon release - one golden balloon released by a class member representative from each class. Details will be coming out regarding how that will be done.
- On-line Trivia - We look forward to seeing who can answer our questions about the school and its history. We will have prizes!
- Parent - Teacher Conference - At the February 4th conference, we plan an anniversary-type celebration with cookies & punch.
If you have ideas for a celebration, please let us know! In the meantime, I've attached a throwback picture. These are my grandchildren sporting the vintage Rivercrest attire that Gene and I have from when we were students here! I can hardly wait to see your pictures and to hear your stories. Stay tuned for updates - and be prepared for some surprises! Let's celebrate in a big way and enjoy the memories that serve as our common bond. #WeAreRivercrest #ColtPride #RivercrestRemembers